On Friday, MSNBC reported that MSNBC News Chief White House Correspondent Tom Brokaw said he will not be returning on March 23 as a correspondent because of health concerns.
The decision comes just weeks after Brokavitch was removed from his regular duties by the network after his health was put at the forefront of the political debate.
“Tom Brokaws illness has made it clear that he will be unable to continue on our air on March 22,” Brokabitch’s attorney said in a statement.
“We are confident that this is the right decision for the future of our business, and we hope that our viewers will continue to support us with the stories that they care about.”
Brokaw had been covering the inauguration of President Donald Trump, and he reported from Washington, D.C., for nearly two years before the 2016 election, the New York Times reported.
He is the first journalist to work for MSNBC since the network’s inception in 2004.
NBC News reported that Brokak will continue working for the network as a political reporter.
He was hired by the cable news channel in 2006.
CNN’s Jake Tapper tweeted that the network is still trying to confirm the status of Brokamis health.
“We’re still waiting on a statement from the hospital to clarify this.
We’re still trying.”